Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome to Recovering Bankrupt!

Welcome to my bankruptcy blog. I'm in the process of writing a memoir about my experience. It's going to have some humor in it, because I am looking at this experience as a chance to learn, but also as a chance to see what I can do when push comes to shove. Plus, I think adding some humor to a stressful situation might give a sense of, “hey she's going through the same thing I am, but I never thought about using my bathwater to water my garden with.. That's a good idea!” I'm going to try and update this blog at least once a week. I should probably go for more frequency, but right now, I'm going through very lean times. I currently have internet at home, but if I can't pay my bill, I have to scope out free wi-fi somewhere else. And if my car is on the fritz, it means I have to travel by bike. Suffice to say, there may be days when I don't have internet at home, and don't feel like going out for it either.

So, if you are thinking about filing for bankruptcy, read my blog! I am NOT a lawyer, so if you have any questions, I would strongly suggest you consult an attorney. I live in Indiana, and I can tell you about MY particular situation, but I can't really offer legal advice.

But here's where I am NOW. I filed for chapter 13 (the repayment plan) and was nearly done with it when I experienced a loss of income, then got hit with MAJOR surgery. So my plan was converted to a seven, and I expect that to be done withing 60-90 days, once I take my second financial counseling course online.


How did I go from a chapter 13 to a seven? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment