Monday, September 23, 2013

The Story Goes On

Why am I bitter? Well, I'm kicking myself for my own financial stupidity, and faith in the American workforce. I always thought I would find a “good” job. I did finally find my niche, but in order to find more work in that field and to have any hopes of getting a full time job, I need to get a master's degree. I worry about it, but it's only going to cost around $12,000 to get my master's. It's a lot of money, but at the same time, it isn't. I figure it's worth it if it will give me a job that I enjoy, where I can make decent money, have a good schedule and time off so I can work on my writing and other creative activities. I worked a full time retail job, plus a teaching job, and I literally didn't have a full day off, where I didn't have to do anything for MONTHS. The money was nice, but I couldn't enjoy it. Then, when I filed for bankruptcy, I was still making good money, but had to send $600 a month to the trustee. I did some math, and realized if I could keep up the pace after I finished my bankruptcy, in three years, I'd have more than $21,000 saved. More than enough to go back to school and feel as economically secure as a single woman could possibly feel in the United States right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment