Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Complete Tightwad Gazette RULES!!!

I highly recommend The CompleteTightwad Gazette. I've read it over and over again to give me some sort of hope. I'm not as tight as I could be, but I'm doing what I can to conserve. Take water for instance. I have a garden every year, and I use my bathwater to water the garden. Yes, it takes a few minutes, and some muscles, but I find I water every plant individually, and no water goes in between plants. I also collect rainwater. During the drought of 2012, I was able to keep my garden watered and my water bill manageable. Once a week, I give the garden a good watering with the hose. I don't keep track of how much I save, but I know it makes a difference. My water bill is rarely more than $60, unless I skip paying it for some reason.

I also rinse out baggies and reuse them.


The Complete Tightwad Gazette has success stories from people, which are inspiring. America is a wasteful country (if you work retail, you see it firsthand) and it's enough to make me want to go dumpster diving. I think I would, if I had a pickup truck. I saw a five foot long vanity being thrown out because of a dark knot in the wood on the door of the cabinet. It could have been painted over, or just sanded and stained, but no. A perfectly good vanity was thrown out. It could have been donated, but the powers that be didn't want to bother.  

No comments:

Post a Comment