Saturday, December 7, 2013

Playing the Wait Until Payday Game

In my last post, I said I was becoming a bit of a miser. Since I will only have one class next semester, and my hours will probably be cut at my other job, and I may have yet another part time job starting in March, I'm thinking things will be awfully lean in the next few months.

I'm out of bar soap, so I am putting off getting soap until payday. The reason for that is it seems like whenever I go to the store with the intent of getting just one thing, I end up being out $30 or so. I usually get the one thing, but then I see stuff while I'm there and think, "well, I'm running out of that so I'll get some." Or, "that's a great price. I'll stock up." So in order to keep from spending money, I will play the waiting game.

Right now, I'm using shampoo to bathe with. And I have a bunch of tissue from the tissue boxes I used as entry boxes for an event a month ago. So there are actually TWO things I need to get, but I'm putting it off. I've got soap, I've got tissues. So I'm fine.

Now to see how long I can live with this plumbing situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment