Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Saving Some Money on Electric Bills

I think I posted something a while back about unplugging unnecessary appliances/lamps in your house. This past month, I tried unplugging the dryer, and I need to remember to unplug the washing machine. This should be easy for me, because my plumbing is acting up again, and I can't just run the washer, or else it will overflow the drain pipe, conveniently located in a corner of my kitchen, and flood the floor. I need to save up to have the sewer line cleared out again. This is an annual problem. Until then, I taped a plastic hose onto the washer hose, and have it drain in the yard.

Anyway, my electric bill was less than $30 this month. So unplugging works. But then again, I'm single and don't have to worry about anyone else's needs in the house. Daphne and Summit don't seem to mind, and it's not like they have any laundry they have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment