Monday, August 11, 2014

Another Day, Another Scholarship Application (or three)

After work, I stopped off at school to look over more scholarship matches. One scholarship wanted me to write an essay about how coupons influenced my purchasing decisions. I usually carry a few Goodwill coupons with me. A local grocery store prints them on the back of their receipts, and I stash them in my wallet, or put them in the glove box. The coupons are either for $1 off a $10 purchase, or $5 off a $25 purchase.

But sometimes I avoid coupons, because no matter how good the deal is, you're still spending money. I have precious little cash right now and there's less than $10 in checking, and it's a good week and a half until my next payday. I had to pay house insurance and my student loan, and I spent $80+ at the grocery store, so I'm pretty much wiped out, unless my other job pays me at the end of this week. It still means $5 and whatever change I can find around the house until I get paid. Which won't be soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment