Saturday, January 11, 2014

Check the Oil in Your Car

I think I screwed up royally. I went skiing in Michigan, but didn't check the oil in my car. How long has it been since my last oil change? Can't honestly remember.

Anyway, I stopped to get gas for the ride home. I turned the key and there was a POP! and I swear I saw the hood move up a little. So my car is in Michigan, and I won't know the fate of it until sometime next week. I hope the car is repairable. I CANNOT afford a car payment, as my income dropped. I am only teaching one class next semester. I MAY have another part-time job starting in March, but I'm not sure I can depend on that. The car is super-old, but if I can't afford car payments, I see no choice but to get it fixed, or buy a moped.

So check the oil in your car. I may have thrown a rod, or screwed up a piston. When the kind gentleman at the Mobil at Jefferson Road and M-89 checked the oil in my engine, the dipstick was pretty dry. Oops.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder, Gloria. Car problems are really expensive and overwhelming. That’s why it’s always best to have it checked by a mechanic once in a while to make sure everything is fine and in good condition. I hope your car is working now.

    Kayla @ GeorgetownShell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla!

    It's all good! Just a blown spark plug. (And I put oil in my car!)

    ReplyDelete