Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tired of my Piecemeal Way of Making a Living

I've had my bankruptcy discharge paper for about a month now, but I'm still feeling a bit down. I work three jobs, and I may pick up a fourth one. It's getting depressing to work all these jobs and not feel like I'm getting anywhere.

I'm forced to wash my dishes in my bathtub, because my plumbing is fucked up. My kitchen sink backs up into the toilet, so it ends up overflowing. I should just call a plumber and get the sewer line cleaned out, because that's what's going on. And to make things super-awesome, I have to attach a plastic hose to my washer outflow pipe and run it out the backdoor, because the drainpipe for the washer tends to overflow as well. I've had this problem before. But I'm also trying to build my emergency fund. I'll admit I'm really, really tempted to apply for a credit card with a low limit, so I don't have to owe my ex-boyfriend almost $700 for a car repair done in summer.

And I'm way overdue for a mammogram, a dentist appointment, an eye exam, and my cat Summit's regular check-up. I'm not sure what to pay for first. Summit should have gone when I took Daphne, but I couldn't get her into the carrier, and yes, I'm afraid of her. She will not let me pick her up or pet her. I tried to do the best I could when I first found her--bottle fed her (she was maybe four weeks old when I found her, eyes crusted shut in a driveway) and fed her Iams when I could afford it. If I ever find another kitten, I'll take it to a no-kill shelter, or give her to someone who wants a kitten. I'm not good with cats. Summit could be worse--she's very quiet and doesn't drape herself across my computer keyboard, but she's hardly affectionate.

So I'm wondering how long I can put off getting a credit card. The sink/toilet/washer problem is getting annoying. I don't think I can get a better job unless I go back to school, and I will have to take out loans for school, thereby putting me right back into debt. I know Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and things could be worse, but I'm not too terribly happy with the scraping-by lifestyle I'm living.

No comments:

Post a Comment